From Prof. Gang Wang:
- Managing Your Advisor and How to do great research
- How to Write a Good HCI Paper, HCI Research Methods
- How (and How Not) to Write a Good Systems Paper
- How to Write Bad Papers
- Cargo Cult Science by Richard Feynman
- Technology and Courage, by Ivan Sutherland
- How to be a good graduate student
- Rugaber on teaching, dissertations, and reading papers
- Useful advice for PhD students
- Donald Knuth’s All Questions Answered
- Non-Technical Talks by David Patterson
- Gnuplot Tips by Christo Wilson
From Philip J. Guo: Ph.D Grind
- Why pursue a ph.D.?
- Oral Presentation Tips
- How to choose an English name
- MathViz: Math expression code visualizer
Advice for Ph.D. Program Applications:
- What was the hardest part of doing your Ph.D.?
- What are the pros and cons of getting a PhD if I have no interest in staying in academia?
- How do I study effectively as a PhD student?
- How do top students study?
- How do PhD students decide which research papers to read?
- Does it make sense to apply/do a science PhD if you don’t have a research topic or thesis chosen in advance?